So Day 23 doesn’t look very impressive, but I started editing. I chopped 31 word doc pages from the entire book, and then deleted almost another 1,000 words from Chapter 1. I ended up adding another 121 words to Chapter 1, and ended with 2,218 words left in the first chapter.
So I’m thinking about writing a serial in Wattpad, and maybe release a chapter every couple of days. I’d have to risk maybe 30 minutes a day… I don’t know… is it worth it? Maybe I’ll do a pen name romance to progress that career. I dunno.
So I’ve got a to-do list for today…
- Edit Work-in-Process
- Finish Paperback of Spilling Blood Season 3
- Outline Next Book
- Outline Romance Serial for Wattpad (optional)
I still only know that I have two days open next week, one of which will be spent at the Twin Falls County Fair. I’ll still have the morning, however, so if my ducks are in a row, I’ll be okay. I’m going to plan on writing a 20k-25k book, at this point. Honestly, I’ll know better tomorrow.
I’ve got a list of ideas I need to read through to see which concept catches my attention. And it’s gotta be something I don’t want to make full length.
Assumptions for Pulp Speed Book –
- Each chapter to average 1,500 words targeting a 20k book. It will likely go longer, based upon my past writing history, thus the 25k upper end.
- Probably 13 chapters. I have 7 days to write it, so that’s two chapters a day, 3,000-word daily target.
- I have two open days for maximum output, which needs to make up for the bad days. My writing suggests 4,000 words is realistic, so I’ll push to pass 5,000.
- Since at the moment I’m averaging under 12,000 a week, there’s a definite challenge to this goal.
- Michael Moorcock used to write 60,000 in 3 days. Just throwing that in there.
So maybe tomorrow will be the day I’ll announce what I’m writing.
Day 23 Word Count: 121
ACCUMULATED STATS –
- Word Count: 39,688
- Average Word Count per Day: 1,726
- Current Writing Streak: 23 days