Welcome to a new, possibly weekly feature of my blog… Writing Prompts! Each week, I’ll share 7 writing prompts. Use one a day, or choose your favorite to develop into a full-fledged novel.
Week One’s Theme, Returning from the Dead. Whether as a zombie, revenant, or ghost, death cannot stand in the way of your character’s desires.
- Write about a protagonist that has just died. The catch? He/She had just met his/her soulmate. And death won’t stand in the way.
- Write about a protagonist raised from the dead by science, returned to his/her family. The catch? He/She doesn’t remember them and wants to enjoy his/her second chance.
- Write about a dead assassin brought back by a necromancer for a second chance. He/she better not fail again…
- Write about a group of friends during a zombie apocalypse, trying to live normally and deal with life, jobs, and love.
- Write about a revenant vigilante, trying to clean up the crime in his/her town. The catch? His targets must die for him to live.
- Write about a parasite that reanimates corpses. The reanimated seem normal, at first…
- Write about a group of strangers brought back from the dead for a fight. The last zombie standing gets to return to the world of the living.
Like them? Have inspiration? Did you use any of them? Let me know in the comments.
yes, you always have such great ideas, Garth. i’m thinking my personal favs are #1 and #5. i’m going to start a list. good job!
I have a ton of these. I’ve been writing 10 ideas a day for a few months (admittedly skipping a few days, because life).