Welcome to a new, possibly weekly feature of my blog… Writing Prompts! Each week, I’ll share 7 writing prompts. Use one a day, or choose your favorite to develop into a full-fledged novel.
Week One’s Theme, Returning from the Dead. Whether as a zombie, revenant, or ghost, death cannot stand in the way of your character’s desires.
- Write about a protagonist that has just died. The catch? He/She had just met his/her soulmate. And death won’t stand in the way.
- Write about a protagonist raised from the dead by science, returned to his/her family. The catch? He/She doesn’t remember them and wants to enjoy his/her second chance.
- Write about a dead assassin brought back by a necromancer for a second chance. He/she better not fail again…
- Write about a group of friends during a zombie apocalypse, trying to live normally and deal with life, jobs, and love.
- Write about a revenant vigilante, trying to clean up the crime in his/her town. The catch? His targets must die for him to live.
- Write about a parasite that reanimates corpses. The reanimated seem normal, at first…
- Write about a group of strangers brought back from the dead for a fight. The last zombie standing gets to return to the world of the living.
Like them? Have inspiration? Did you use any of them? Let me know in the comments.