I finished Act 1 of my new Work in Progress, which hit around almost 12k. That gives me an idea that the book will be around 45k to 50k, which is what I was expecting. It’s on track to finish on Thursday.though today’s writing will be limited.
Today’s writing will be limited because I’ll be at the County Fair most of the day. Hopefully between today and tomorrow (which is also limited), I can write another 12k.
I hit 7k words yesterday, but that was pushing it. The first two hours were good, but then interruptions hit. I’m happy hitting 7, but on days like today and tomorrow, it’s almost impossible, at this point. On Wednesday and Thursday, I’m actually expecting myself to hit 12k, assuming there are no interruptions.
Last week’s word count was much better than the previous week, and despite the 4 days of editing (which drives the word count down), I was still over 2,000 words a day, which is better than the average needed for a NaNoWriMo month.
Going into week 5, I’m pushing toward finishing a novel in a week, but then I’m going to write something short so I can dedicate my time to edit and publish my two books.
Day 28 Word Count: 7,019
STATS FOR WEEK 4 –
- Word count: 16,369 (up 1,239 over last week)
- Average Word Count per Day: 2,338 (up 177 per day over last week)
- Current Works in Progress Word Count: Romance/Horror: 71,404 (editing completed through 14,709); Sci-Fi: 11,801
ACCUMULATED STATS –
- Average Word Count per Day: 1,855
- Current Writing Streak: 28 days
- Writing Streak Word Count: 51,948
- September: 11,579
- September Ave. Word Count: 3,860
- YTD: 186,278
- Ave. Word Count YTD: 757