Day 47 was a good editing day, I made it through another 16,000 words. That leaves me with about 25k to go. There’s another character I need to flesh out, but I’m very close to working on the last Act.
But here I am on Saturday. It’s a tough day to find time to write/edit, but I’ll try to get 30 minutes to an hour in this afternoon.
So will Died for You be done by Sunday evening? I’m making the assumption that I won’t contribute much today, so that puts all the pressure on Sunday. Getting through first draft writing is a little slow, often because I do heavy rewrites. If I’m also free on Monday (and stretch out an extra day), 25k doesn’t sound too bad.
After Died for You is released in paperback, the pressure will slow down for a bit. In October I’ll be able to make a new game plan. Obviously the book a week every week did not happen, not yet. I’m thinking though, that maybe I’ll attempt some fun Halloween themes for my writing and this blog. It seems as though I’ve got plenty of Horror material to play with, doesn’t it?
- Days 47 Word Count: 819
- Day 47 Editing: 16,472
- Current Works in Progress Word Count: Died for You: 74,274 (editing completed through 52,723); Sci-Fi: 23,239
ACCUMULATED STATS –
- Writing Streak Average Word Count per Day: 925
- Current Writing Streak: 2 (Best Writing Streak: 38 days)
- Writing Streak Word Count: 1,849 (Best writing Streak Word Count: 66,279)
- September: 27,779
- September Ave. Word Count: 926
- YTD: 202,478
- Ave. Word Count YTD: 748