Sign up here to get an email when my next book is released: http://eepurl.com/bmlfdD
Yesterday I worked on Hungry Gods 3, started my second short story for the month, finished the first draft of Apocalypse Witch 3, and did a little editing. I have now passed the 75k mark for the month. I’m now writing more than 25k a week. Last week I set a goal for myself to reach an average of writing 4k a day, and I’m not there yet, but I’m going to be pretty close by this weekend.
My computer didn’t crash yesterday, so I’m happy about that. Hopefully it’s got that out of its system. And I watched the first episode of Orphan Black Season 3. Oh, I drank loads of coffee. True story.
So I see a big challenge arising because of my output. I need to make real time for editing. I don’t know how much time I realistically need to set aside for this task to get books released in a timely manner. In the past, the answer was give all the time, until the book was complete. That doesn’t work for me now.
So to start, I’m going to go at an hour at a time, and see how many words I get through. I’ll start a new spreadsheet to track this, and it’ll be more data for this page. This will give me an idea of how long it’s going to take before the book sees the light of day.
Note to self – this is something I should do with marketing too.
1/20/16 Word Count: 5,917 (ave. 2,064 wph)
Hungry Gods 3 +1,862. 36,327/50,000
Pen Name Book +327. 22,185/20,000 Editing
Apocalypse Witch 3 +2,544. 21,648/20,000 Editing
Pen Name Short Story #2 +1,184. 1,184/5,000
January Word Count: 75,577
For Year: 75,577
2016 Completed Projects: Spilling Blood 11, Short Story.