Hello and thank you to everyone for reading my Guest Blog today. I’d like to extend a special thank you to G.S. for allowing me to post on his blog. My name is Mindy Killgrove and I’m a contemporary fiction, romance, and humor novelist. I have a great time popping from one genre to the next, but most of the time, I focus on creating fiction that my readers find realistic. On my own blog, I enjoy writing top eight lists. (Eight is my lucky number.) For today, I’d like to share with you:
The Top Eight Things You Might Like to Know About Me:
8. I just moved to Perrysburg, OH with my family. I’ve lived in Ohio for the majority of my life, but I spent two years living near Charlotte, NC.
7. I love media! In my own blogspace, I devote my blogs to writing about media-related items that move me. Movies, Books, Television, Music, Video Games: You name it and I cover it.
6. I have two little boys at home. My obsession for media spread to them, as both were named after famous people.
5. In my books, I aim to write storylines that feel relatable to the readers. I use my own experiences as a jumping off point for my tales. When you read my stories they may feel real, because they are (in some cases).
4. The first book in the Missy Lawrence Series, Meet Me at the Pond, was dedicated to my sorority: The Philalethean Society of Heidelberg University. They are a local group, and I’m proud to call myself a member of this fine organization.
3. Meet Me at Fountain Park, the second book in the Missy Lawrence series, is dedicated to the Fit Chicks of Ravenna, OH. I was a member of this group for a number of years and I was supremely moved by their caring and encouraging ways. The Fit Chicks promote healthy living that will not only benefit your body, but your mind and your soul as well.
2. Every chapter in the Missy Lawrence series is based around answering a question. In that way, you can read a chapter, just like you would watch an episode of a TV show, and then come back to the book later—if necessary. (Or, you could read through the whole book in one afternoon, if that suits.)
1. I love reading–I love sitting on my back porch and reading a book. This can be done in the sunshine or the shade, but either way, I enjoy kicking back and devouring a new novel. My own novels are what I would describe as the perfect books to throw in your beach bag and take down by the water. Whether you’re downloading the ebook or taking the paperback along with you, Meet Me at the Pond and Meet Me at Fountain Park are pure fun. They’ll help you relax and enjoy your vacation.
I created the Missy Lawrence Trilogy a few years ago. Currently, Meet Me at the Pond and Meet Me at Fountain Park are available in paperback and ebook editions. The third and final book in the series Meet Me at Rock Creek will be published before the end of the year. If you’ve ever been in love, or if you’re still searching for the right one, let Missy Lawrence and her gang of girlfriends entertain you (and commiserate, perhaps).
Pen name: Mindy Killgrove
Featured title: Meet Me at Fountain Park
Amazon buy link: http://www.amazon.com/Meet-Me-at-Fountain-Park/dp/1612962262/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373456383&sr=8-1&keywords=meet+me+at+fountain+park
Barnes & Noble buy link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/meet-me-at-fountain-park-mindy-killgrove/1115785856?ean=9781612962269
Smashwords buy link: http://www.smashwords.com/books/search?query=meet+me+at+fountain+park
Book video link (YouTube preferred): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqS9PKkWGps
I’ll be conducting a giveaway during the Blogger Book Fair. I’ll be giving away three copies of each book.
Every day this week, I am featuring a different author on my blog as part of the Blogger Book Fair. Check back tomorrow for another author.